MACEDONIAN CULTURAL AND ARTISTIC ASSOCIATION
Established on 17th November, 2003
Hotel: Bonnington, 92 Southempton Row
London WC1B 4BH
MCAA Sonce was founded on initiative of Kiko Manevski
With this Statute it is determined:
- the name of the association, registration and its
- activities and goals
- leadership, its responsibilities and way of managing the
- transparency of the activities
- other issues concerning association’s work
Sonce, London acts as an independent organisation in which
voluntarily and out of free will assemble citizens, whose
aim is preserving and nourishing the Macedonian national
folklore. Besides that, it is involved in the animation of
the Macedonian immigration in UK, by performing a variety of
cultural and entertaining performances. The association is
strictly non-partisan (non-political, not affiliated to any
political party), non-religious and non-governmental
MCAA Sonce is established on 17th November, 2003 in London,
Name of the Association
Macedonian Cultural and Artistic Association (MCAA) SONCE
is the full name of the association. MCAA Sonce is the
Activities and Goals
The activities and goals of the association are:
- Preserving, preparation and public presentation of the
originating and contemporary (modern) Macedonian folklore.
The ethnographic content is made of: songs, dances, drama,
vocal and instrumental performances.
- Gathering of the Macedonians in the UK in order to
develop and improve their cultural and artistic life, as
well as to nourish the sense of belonging to the Macedonian
- Qualitative presentation of the Macedonian folklore
contents in festive, voluntary, competitor and commercial
events in Great Britain, Macedonia and other countries.
- Establishing and improvement of the relations with
similar association in
Macedonia and other countries.
The membership is voluntary. Everyone that accepts the
Statute can be a member. He or she fills in an application
form that is considered and accepted by the Executive
Articles 6, 7 and 8
A complaint can be submitted towards the Executive
Committee’s decision within a period of 14 days, after
decision has been brought down. The Assembly’s decision is
final. There is a Membership Registry Book for the evidence
of members and it is the President’s responsibility.
Members of MCAA Sonce are those who:
- Actively participate in one of the groups.
- Are actively involved in the managing bodies.
- Support the work by donation and sponsorship
The members of the association will have a membership card
which can be used for discounts on cultural and entertaining
activities, as well as other offers of the sponsors in the
The membership fee is symbolic and is paid annually. The
amount is determined by the Executive Committee.
Rights and responsibilities of the members
- Participation in the activities of the associations
- Right for a written report from the managing bodies
within a period of 14 days
- Right to vote and to be elected in the bodies
- To participate in amending of the Statute and preparation
of the annual plan.
- To abide by the provisions in the Statutes and other acts
brought down by the Executive Committee
- To participate in the activities and towards achieving
the goals of the association
- To protect the reputation and interests of the
- To behave in a proper manner towards other members of the
- To look after the property of the association
- Without association’s consent not to participate in
similar cultural and artistic associations.
The membership in SONCE is terminated in the following
- By somebody’s own will, with a written or verbal
- By Executive Committee’s decision, because of breaching
the provisions in the Statute.
Complaint against the decision can be submitted within the
following 14 days. The Assembly is obliged to review and
give final decision upon the complaint within 30 days.
MCAA Sonce can reward a member for his/her envolvemement,
upon recommendation of the Executive Committee, and by a
decision of the Assembly.
The association can join in a union with other associations
that perform similar cultural-artistic activities in England
Macedonia and other countries.
The Leadership, its responsibilities and a way of
The members of MCAA Sonce manage directly or indirectly
through the bodies established with this Statute:
The bodies of the association are:
- Executive Committee
Founder rectifies and sings the decisions of the Executive
committee and the MCAA official documents.
The president is elected by the Assembly for a mandate of 1
year, with possibility for re-election in the following
years. An initiative for President Election can be submitted
by every member of the Association. The Application should
be submitted within 14 days of the opening for the election,
after being approved by the Electoral Assembly. The
application for President is submitted in a written form
containing general information about the candidate as well
as annual plan for the work of the association. The
Application should be presented orally before the voting of
the Electoral Assembly. The Application must be signed by
three members of the association that participate in the
Electoral Assembly. The President gives suggestions for the
members of the Executive Committee.
The President is elected by half of the votes plus one from
the present members of the Executive Committee.
The President of the MCAA Sonce is the President of the
Executive Committee at the same time and has a right to
The procedure for revoking, suspending, call off,
countermand can be started by three members of the
association. The initiative has to be submitted to the
Executive Committee, in a written form signed by the
initiators. The initiation/suggestion is being viewed by the
Electoral Assembly. The decision is brought down by half
percentage plus one of the members present at the Electoral
Revoking of the President can be brought down by Executive
Committee with simple multiplicity (50% votes + 1 from the
total number of members in the Executive Committee).
The President performs activities as written in the Statute
of the Association, and especially:
- Organises the activities of the association
- Implementation of the Statute
- Represents and signing on behalf of the association
- Controls the work of the Association according to the
legislation in England
- Establishes co-operation with institutions and
associations in England, Macedonia and other countries
- Delegates the work of the Assembly and Executive
- The president gives suggestion of the work plan of the
assembly and Executive Committee
- Submits report for his/her work to the Executive
Committee and the Assembly.
The Executive Committee is and executive body that
comprises of nine members with an annual mandate. All the
members have their rights and responsibilities, described in
the Statute of the association. It executes the decisions
and conclusions of the Assembly.
The president of the association, who is the president of
the Executive Committee calls and manages the meetings. In
case of absence the Deputy is in charge and he/she is
elected by the Committee with simple multiplicity (50%+1 of
the total number of members). The Deputy President is a
member of the Executive Committee at the same time. The
meetings are called when necessary and at least once a
Minutes are being taken down for the meetings of the
Executive Committee and they are signed by the President.
In the framework of liability the Executive Committee:
- Sets suggestions for amendments of the Statute
- Suggests annual plan
- Suggests financial plan
- Delegates the ownership of the association
- Names and calls off the groups/sections managers
- Decides for presentation of the association in England,
Macedonia and other countries
- Suggests sponsorship and decides upon contracts with
- Submits a report about its work to the Assembly
- Elects deputy president.
The assembly is consisted/comprised of all the members.
It works on the principle of simple multiplicity of the
The Assembly can be gathered by The President or The
Executive Committee (by simple multiplicity i.e. 50% + 1 of
the total number of the members in the Executive Committee).
The assembly can be held if requested of at least three
member of the association. The President is obliged to call
the Assembly for a meeting within the following 14 days of
the submission of the request.
Every member of the Assembly has rights and
- Actively participate in the regular and electoral
meetings of the Assembly
- Defend opinions and citizens the work of the President
and the Executive Committee.
- Vote and to be elected
The assembly is called when necessary, but at least once a
The meetings can be:
The Assembly is obliged to:
- Do the Statute of the association, to amend or change.
- Establish politics for development
- Bring programme orientation
- Go through the reports of work of the managing organs
- Bring financial plan
- Elect and revoke the President of the association
- Elect and call off the Executive Committee
- Review and decide upon member’s complaints
Transparency of the work
The association has its own web site where it represents
its activities and accomplishments.
All the members will be able to send questions to the
President and the Executive Committee via e-mail.
Termination of work
The Association Sonce terminates its work:
- In compliance/accordance to the laws in England
- By decision of the Assembly of the Association
In case of termination of work, the Executive Committee
makes the decision for the ownership.
The Statute of MCAA Sonce is in force since the first
meeting of the Electoral Assembly.